Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

How does Your County Veterans Affairs Work for You?
Amador Veterans Service office representative is not an employee of the federal government. The representative is an county employee ready to assist you with any veterans claim.
Your representative will assist you in securing the maximum benefits.
Your representative works closely with service officers from accredited veterans service organizations of your choice such as:

  • American Legion
  • California Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Disabled American Veterans
  • Military Order of the Purple Heart
  • Paralyzed Veterans of America
  • Veterans of Foreign Wars
...and many other organizations that maintain staff at federal Veterans Affairs Regional Offices.


Your representative can assist you with:

  • Comprehensive benefit counseling, claim preparation, case management and appeal assistance when appropriate.
  • Claim development, preparation and submission
  • Case management
  • Initiate appeals when appropriate
  • Network with federal, state and local agencies
  • Public speaking - media relations
  • Assistance with the following primary entitlements:
  • Disability Compensation (service connected).
  • Disability Pension (service connected).
  • Dependency Indemnity Compensation (DIC) for surviving spouse and children.
  • Death Pension for surviving spouse and children.
  • VA, CHAMPVA, and TRICARE medical care access.
  • Education and dependent education.
  • College Tuition Fee Waiver for dependents.
  • Vocational Rehabilitation.
  • Housebound, Aid and Attendance benefits.
  • Clothing and dependent allowances.
  • VA Home Loans and CAL-VET Home Loans (application for certificate of eligibility and program information).
  • VA Life Insurance.
  • State Veterans Homes
  • Burial benefits.
  • Many other ancillary benefits and programs.