Who We Are
The Ione Memorial District was formed on May 1, 1956 as an independent special district. The District was formed to manage facilities for the use of military veterans and others in the community, and to support Veterans and their families. The District is financially supported by property taxes in Dist. 2.
The Ione Memorial District owns two buildings: the Ione Memorial Hall, available for rent by veterans as well as non-veteran individuals and organizations. The other building is for exclusive use by the VFW, DAV and other bona fide veteran organizations.
The mission of the Ione Memorial District is to honor the US Military and its Veterans by providing facilities and support veteran oriented programs and memorials.
Ensure that Veterans are respected for their service, and are recognized for the sacrifices they and their loved ones have made on behalf of this great nation
What do we do?
- Provide use of building for VFW Post 8254 and DAV Chapter 118 and other bona fide veteran organizations
- Support VFW & veteran events throughout the year i.e.
- Memorial Walk for the troops
- Homecoming rodeo
- Veterans Shoot
- Veterans Christmas Meals
- Contribute to memorials i.e.
- Ione Veteran Memorial Park
- Provide scholarships to students in the District.
- Rent the Ione Memorial Hall to veterans and the community
Jerry Gold, Chair
Board meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm at the Ione Memorial Hall, 207 S. Amador St. Ione
(209) 274-4936 ~ IoneMemorialDistrict@outlook.com ~ PO Box 53 Ione, CA 95640