- Flu vaccine - for individuals over 6 months of age .
- Flu Shot for adults = $20
- Flu Shot for children = $10
* FluMist not available
The Importance of Staying Home from School When Sick: Parent Resource. Herramienta de Detección de Sintomas para Padres y Cuidadores
What is Amador County doing to prepare for flu season?
- Amador County Public Health is continuing to meet with their partners (Sutter Amador Hospital, Amador County Sheriff’s Office of Emergency Services, Department of Corrections, Amador County Unified School District and many others) to plan for the upcoming fall flu season.
- Seasonal flu vaccine clinics will be offered by public health as well as school based Flumist clinics.
- Public Health will continue to monitor CDC recommendations for vaccinations.
What can individuals do to prepare for flu season?
- Plan on ALL family members receiving seasonal flu vaccine in the fall.
- Stay HOME if you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soapy water for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Help young children wash their hands.
- Use hand sanitizers if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your sneezes and cough by sneezing/coughing into your sleeve.
- When you sneeze or cough into a tissue – Throw it away and Wash your hands.
- If you sneeze or cough into your hands – Wash Them.
What can local businesses/organizations do to prepare?
- Begin/continue to develop continuity of operation plans to respond to pandemic influenza.
Please contact Amador County Public Health at 223-6407 if you have further questions or need assistance with planning.