The Department of Transportation and Public Works provides County roads, bridges, and infrastructure maintenance and construction, Waste Management oversight, and land development infrastructure, plan review, and inspection. In all of its efforts, the Department seeks to safeguard the public, preserve the County’s capital investments and provide excellent customer service.
Use the MENU at the left of the page to easily navigate to any Transportation and Public Works Department Section.
- Road Opening Notice 6-23-20, Shakeridge Road - Highway 88 to Wandering Hills Road - As of June 23, 2020, the upper portion of Shakeridge Road from Wandering Hills Road to State Route 88 is open to thru traffic. This portion of Shakeridge Road had been closed since early 2019 due to storm damage. There is a 300 foot section of road approximately 1000 feet east of Wandering Hills Road that is constricted to one lane. Traffic through this section is controlled by stop signs at each end. Motorists are requested to use due caution and courtesy when negotiating through this section. As a reminder, this section of Shakeridge Road has a 10 ton weight restriction.
The one-lane constriction is due to settlement of the westbound lane. As a precautionary measure, traffic is restricted from its use at this time. County personnel is monitoring this section for its stability and will determine a plan of action for the future opening of the westbound lane. In the case of an evacuation scenario, this section can easily be opened up to facilitate temporary full road width use.
- Effective 6-27-19, All Grading Application Submittals will be submitted to and processed by the Building Department.
- "Special Events" page - where you can see upcoming special events in the county that may affect your travel on county roads
- Check out our new page "Current Public Works Projects" for information on all our projects for roads and bridge improvements!
- Application forms for Encroachments are now in Fillable PDF Form. It's easy! - Fill it out online, print and submit to our office. See our Permit Applications & Forms page.
- Need sandbags? Click here for more information about the County Community Sandbag Program.
The Department has responsibility for the management of special road maintenance districts; the review of property development projects; divisions of property; modification or establishment of property lines; the acquisition and deposition of real property related to County public improvements; and the permitting for encroachments or other proposed construction in the road right-of-way on County-maintained roads.
The Department is administered by the Director of Transportation and Public Works. It is responsible for developing or managing the preparation of various master plans for future construction of County roads, drainage, and other transportation improvements.
The Department is responsible for issuing all transportation and encroachment permits.
|Permit Applications Accepted:||
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Mon-Fri 8 AM to 5 PM