The Department of Transportation and Public Works provides County roads, bridges, and infrastructure maintenance and construction, Waste Management oversight, and land development infrastructure, plan review, and inspection. In all of its efforts, the Department seeks to safeguard the public, preserve the County’s capital investments and provide excellent customer service.
Use the MENU at the left of the page to easily navigate to any Transportation and Public Works Department Section
- Road Construction/Traffic Delay Notice - Intermittent one-way reversing traffic control with stoppages in one direction for periods not to exceed 5 minutes. Paving operation for Camanche Road (Curran Road to Jackson Valley Road) is scheduled for Friday 9/20. Paving operation for Curran Road (Camanche Parkway North to 1 mile north) is scheduled for Monday 9/23.
- Traffic Advisory Notice 7-25-19, Emergency Access Route, Highway 88 to Wandering Hills Road - In the event of a major emergency (e.g., wildfire), emergency responders are permitted to open gates and utilize the closed segment of Upper Shakeridge Road from Highway 88 to Wandering Hills Road for public evacuation and emergency response operations. Proceed with caution through the damaged road segment should this emergency access route be necessary.
- Effective 6-27-19, All Grading Application Submittals will be submitted to and processed by the Building Department.
- Sacramento County DOT, Ione Road Bridge Replacement over Buckeye Creek and Willow Creek Project - Ione Road/ Michigan Bar Road is scheduled to be closed from May 2019 to November 2019. For project updates/ questions call SacDOT employees, James Eslabon at (916) 874-6743 or Timothy Stevens at (916) 874-7281.
- New Traffic Signal on Coal Mine Road at Buena Vista Casino - New traffic signal in operation effective today 4/25/19, Please remain alert traveling through the intersection as there is still construction activity.
- New Stop Signs on Jackson Valley Road - Please be aware of the new stop signs on Jackson Valley Road located at the intersections of Camanche Road, Martin Lane and Oak Drive (The Oaks mobile home park).
- "Special Events" page - where you can see upcoming special events in the county that may affect your travel on county roads
- Check out our new page "Current Public Works Projects" for information on all our projects for roads and bridge improvements!
- Application forms for Encroachments are now in Fillable PDF Form! It's easy! - Fill it out online, print and submit to our office. See our Permit Applications & Forms page
- Need sandbags? Click here for more information about the County Community Sandbag Program.
The Department has responsibility for the management of special road maintenance districts; the review of property development projects; divisions of property; modification or establishment of property lines; the acquisition and deposition of real property related to County public improvements; and the permitting for encroachments or other proposed construction in the road right-of-way on County-maintained roads.
The Department is administered by the Director of Transportation and Public Works. It is responsible for developing or managing the preparation of various master plans for future construction of County roads, drainage, and other transportation improvements.
The Department is responsible for issuing all transportation and encroachment permits.
|Permit Applications Accepted:||
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Mon-Fri 8 AM to 5 PM