The Department of Transportation and Public Works provides County roads, bridges, and infrastructure maintenance and construction, Waste Management oversight, and land development infrastructure, plan review, and inspection. In all of its efforts, the Department seeks to safeguard the public, preserve the County’s capital investments and provide
- Buena Vista Road/ Coal Mine Road Construction
*** NOTE: For current road closure status see Road Status and Conditions
- Shenandoah Road/ Fiddletown Road Intersection Project - Construction from April 2018 to August 2018
- "Special Events" page - where you can see upcoming special events in the county that may affect your travel on county roads
- Check out our new page "Current Public Works Projects" for information on all our projects for roads and bridge improvements!
- Application forms for Grading and Encroachments are now in Fillable PDF Form! It's easy! - Fill them out online, print and submit to our office. See our Permits & Forms page
- Exempt Grading Ordinance No. 1721 [pdf]
- Exempt Grading Fee Resolution No. 12-025 [pdf]
The Department has responsibility for the management of special road maintenance districts; the review of property development projects; divisions of property; modification or establishment of property lines; the acquisition and deposition of real property related to County public improvements; and the permitting for encroachments or other proposed construction in the road right-of-way on County-maintained roads.
The Department is administered by the Director of Transportation and Public Works. It is responsible for developing or managing the preparation of various master plans for future construction of County roads, drainage, and other transportation improvements.
The Department is responsible for issuing all grading and erosion control permits; transportation and encroachment permits; and inspections of all residential or commercial subdivision improvements.
Jackson, CA 95642
|Permit Applications &
Plan Submittals Accepted:
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Mon-Fri 8 AM to 5 PM