The Amador County Law Library
The Amador County Law Library provides print and online legal resources for local attorneys as well as the lay person. The law library is located in the main library of the Amador County Library, Jackson. The hours of the Law Library correspond with the hours of the public library.
Lexis/Nexis: Federal Statutes, U.S. Supreme Court Cases, Federal Appellate Decisions, Federal Regulations, California Supreme Court Cases, California Appellate Cases, and California Statutes, California codes,etc.
CEBOnLaw: access to web-based California legal commentary and analysis.
Please understand that library staff are not trained attorneys or paralegals. The staff may be able to help direct you to either the online or print material available but they can not tell you what specific material is applicable to your issues or research. For more in depth assistance it would be best to seek the advice of an attorney.
For more information call or stop by the library 209-223-6400
County and City Sites:
- Amador County Superior Court , local court information and directions.
- Amador County Bar Association, ACBA was formed to promote a better understanding of the legal system and legal profession...
- California Courts Online Self-Help Center especially designed for Californians trying to handle their own legal affairs.
- Law Help California. Supported by a variety of legal service providers statewide. It has the most comprehensive list of free and low-cost legal providers. Consumer Forms are also available.
- California Code of Regulations
- California Court Forms Judicial Council Forms
- California Secretary of State Business Portal Forming corporations, partnerships, and other business entities, with forms.
- Contractors State License Board
- Your Public Law Library The Council of County Law Librarians, list of law libraries, resource assistance, self help, etc.
State and Federal laws:
- Findlaw FindLaw's Cases and Codes section contains resources and links for both state and federal laws.
For more information about the law library please call 209-223-6400.