It's About You
An EAP is a service designed to help you manage life's challenges. At MHN, they customize EAP solutions by understanding your unique needs and then offering the appropriate assistance or referrals. The following services, paid for by your employer, are available to eligible members.*
EAP provides assessment, assistance and, when necessary, referral to additional services. Eligible members may be entitled to face-to-face or telephonic consultations for a wide range of emotional health, family and work issues, including:
- Marriage, relationship and family problems
- Alcohol and drug dependency
- Stress and anxiety
- Grief and loss
Work & Life Services
Depending on your plan, telephonic consultations may be available for:
- Child-and Eldercare Assistance - Help accessing community and financial resources, plus referrals to pre-screened child- and eldercare providers. We&'ll help identify needs and search our extensive directories to find the right care. You may also be entitled to help with adoption, parenting skills, child development, special needs, emergency care, relocation services and educational issues.
- Financial Issues-Budgeting, credit and financial guidance (tax or investment advice, loans and bill payments not included).
- Federal Tax Assistance- Help for IRS audits and unfiled or past-due tax returns (not a tax representation or preparation service).
- Pre-Retirement Planning - Guidance for planning a quality retirement (does not include investment, tax or legal advice).
- Organizing Life's Affairs- Help organizing records and vital documents and arranging Final details- for a loved one.
- Concierge Services - Referrals for everyday errands, travel, event planning and more (does not cover the cost, nor guarantee delivery, of services).
- Legal Services - Telephonic or face-to-face legal consultations for issues relating to civil, consumer, personal and family law, Financial matters, business law, real estate, criminal matters, the IRS and estate planning (excluding disputes or actions between members and their employer or MHN).
Online Member Services
Access EAP information and tools online. With the click of a mouse you can:
- Search for an MHN counselor and get a referral
- Manage your stress with interactive tools
- Take a health risk assessment
- Ask our expert an emotional health question
The website also has information and tools on:
- Communication and relationships
- Depression and anxiety
- Substance abuse
- Grief and loss
- Health and Fitness
- Child-and eldercare
- Personal Finance
To access these services, go to:members.mhn.comand register with your company access code (listed below).
For a referral to a counselor, you will be prompted to supply additional information.
*EAP services are provided by MHN and paid for by your employer. Please note that the product features offered under your plan may vary from those described above. Please consult MHN (at the number below), your benefits manager or your Evidence of Coverage booklet for complete product and employee/dependent eligibility information.
If you need help, call toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: (800) 327-0556
TDD callers, please dial: (800) 327-0801
or visit us on the web at http://members.mhn.com and register with the access code: amador.
Eligible members are entitled to 3 clinical consultations per incident, per calendar year.