News on TSPN, Amador County's local television station.
News on KVGC, the Hometown Radio station for Amador and Calaveras County.
Amador County Verily COVID-19 Drive-Through Testing Site Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Amador County Verily COVID-19 Drive-Through Testing Site
Q: What kind of testing is being done?
A: It is a mid-turbinate nasal swab - not as uncomfortable as the nasopharyngeal swab test that was the only available option at the beginning of the global pandemic.
- The test is a PCR test, which tells you if you have the virus in your system at that time. You do not need to be symptomatic.
- This is not an antibody test that may be able to tell you if you ever had the illness.
Q: Is there any charge for the test?
A: It is FREE of charge.
- Insurance information will be collected but no copayment or coinsurance will be charged or collected.
Q: Where is the testing being done?
A: St. Katharine Drexel Catholic Parish in Jackson has graciously partnered with Public Health and the EOC to share their property for the drive-through testing site.
- Entrance to testing: Side driveway on north end of the property
- Travel from Prospect Drive to Sierra W Court
Q: Do I have to have symptoms to be tested?
A: No – Anyone 18 years or older qualifies to be tested.
- No referral or doctor's order is needed. Anyone who wants to be tested may make an appointment.
- No symptoms are necessary.
Q: What if I do not live in Amador County?
A: You qualify to be tested.
- County - or state of residence - is not a criteria for eligibility. Therefore, all individuals and their families, regardless of where they live, are eligible, as are all seasonal workers who may have a permanent residence elsewhere.
Q: Do I need an appointment?
A: Yes, Verily testing is by appointment only. No referral or doctor's order is needed. Anyone who wants to be tested may make an appointment.
Q: Where can I register for an appointment?
A: Verily's Baseline COVID-19 Program online appointment scheduling system:
If you have questions regarding registration please call Amador County Public Health Testing Helpline at: (209) 223-6676.
Q: How long will it take to get test results?
A: On average, Verily testing site results are returned within 3 – 5 days.
Printable FAQ: Amador County Verily Drive-Through Testing Site