News on TSPN, Amador County's local television station.
News on KVGC, the Hometown Radio station for Amador and Calaveras County.
COVID-19 - Amador County Health Officer Issues Orders on Use of Lodging Facilities and Non-Test Based Surveillance
Amador County Public Health
10877 Conductor Blvd., Suite 400 Sutter Creek, California 95685 Phone (209) 223-6407
Fax (209) 223-1562
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 30, 2020
Amador County Health Officer Issues Orders on Use of Lodging Facilities and Non-Test Based Surveillance
Amador County, CA – With increasing cases statewide of novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Amador County Health Officer Dr. Rita Kerr has issued additional orders for Amador County. These orders serve to enhance measures already being taken to slow the spread and preserve critical health care capacity.
“Our top priority is the health and safety of our community and we are reminding everyone of the importance of the Stay at Home Order,” says Dr. Rita Kerr, Amador County Health Officer. “Our residents, health care providers, employers, and lodging facilities all serve an important role in our local COVID-19 mitigation and response.”
The orders clarifying the use of lodging facilities and non-test based surveillance may be read in their entirety:
Contact: Diana Evensen, MSPH Amador County Public Health
Public Information Officer
Amador community members should also continue to support one another by taking simple steps to reduce the spread of respiratory illnesses including COVID-19:
- Wash hands with liquid soap and water, and rubbing for at least 20 seconds, or using alcohol-based sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces.
- When you have to go out for essential items practice social distancing, maintain 6 foot distance, minimize your time out and wash your hands as soon as possible afterward.
The most current information on COVID-19 may be found on the Amador County website www.amadorgov.org.