News on TSPN, Amador County's local television station.
News on KVGC, the Hometown Radio station for Amador and Calaveras County.
Wildfire Smoke Warning: Irish Fire Air Quality Advisory
Wildfire Smoke Warning:
Irish Fire Air Quality Advisory
Some areas of Amador County are experiencing heavy smoke due to smoke drift from the Irish Fire burning outside of the Ione area. Amador County Public Health advises community members that air quality may be unsafe for those with sensitive medical conditions. Residents with chronic health conditions, young children, pregnant women and elderly adults should especially be aware and take protective measures.
If you smell or see smoke, take these steps to protect your health:
- Minimize outdoor activities.
- Stay indoors with the windows and doors closed.
- Do not run fans that bring smoky air inside (such as swamp coolers, fresh air ventilation systems).
- If you have a wall unit air conditioner, set it to “re-circulate.”
- Do not smoke, fry food or do other activities that that will create indoor air pollution.
- If you have chronic health conditions, monitor your health closely. Contact your health provider if your symptoms worsen, including repeated coughing and wheezing.
- If you are experiencing a health emergency, call 911.
For additional information on wildfire smoke, please visit: http://www.cdc.gov/features/wildfires/.
Printable Press Release: CLICK HERE