- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$25.93-31.52/hr
- Posted Date:03/01/2019
The Amador County Sheriff's office is currently seeking candidates for the position of Deputy Sheriff-Trainee. The ideal candidate must have graduated from high school or have possession of a General Education Certificate meet the following special requirements:
- Possession of a current and valid California Driver's license issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles
- Be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship. Any permanent resident alien shall be disqualified from holding a position if his or her application for citizenship is denied
- Be at least 20 years of age
- Pass background investigation conducted through the Sheriff’s Department
- Be found free from any physical, emotional, or mental condition which might adversely affect the exercise of the powers of a peace officer. For purpose of this section, a medical examination, including psychological screening, shall be required prior to appointment
- Achieve a passing T-score on the Peace Officer Standards and Training (P. O.ST) Entry-Level law Enforcement Test Battery (PELLETS)
- Pass a Physical Ability Test similar to an obstacle course designed to simulate the pursuit and apprehension of a fleeing felon
For more information about this position, please select the link Deputy Sheriff-Trainee.
To apply, please submit an Amador County Employment Application.
Amador County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Applicants will be considered without regard to their race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status.