"Caring commitment to community health by promoting individual health, preventing disease and disability, and protecting against environmental risk, through education and intervention."
The focus of a public health agency is to prevent rather than treat a disease through surveillance of cases and the promotion of healthy behaviors.
Immunization Clinic Schedule
Amador County Immunization & TB Skin Testing Schedule -
Effective July 1, 2017
1st and 3rd Tuesdays
2:00 PM to 4:45 PM
NO CLINICS on HOLIDAYS
- Children's Immunizations Fee: $10.00 per child per visit. (Please present the child's Medi-Cal card at the time of visit)
- TB Skin Testing - $20.00. A return visit for reading will be required.
- TB Risk Assessment - $20.00.
Adult Vaccines Available (19 years and older):
• Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Acellular Pertussis) – $25.00
• Hepatitis B – series of three - $55.00 per dose
• Combination Hep A/Hep B – series of three - $75.00 per dose
Tdap School Rule
A state law requires all California public and private students in grades 7-12 to be immunized against pertussis or “whooping cough” before they start school. Amador County Public Health and Sutter Amador Hospital advise parents to contact their primary care provider now to schedule an appointment.
____________ ____________ ____________ ________________
Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Awareness
Spanish language version: CLICK HERE
One mother's personal story: CLICK HERE
If you have a child with asthma, now is the time to prepare for the start of school. Returning to the school environment always poses challenges to kids with asthma, with the increased exposure to asthma triggers and respiratory infections, like influenza. Click HERE for more information
Interested in Volunteering?
California Medical Volunteer Site, the online registration system for medical and health responders for the State of California. If you're a licensed health professional with an active license, or a member of a medical disaster response team in California who would like to volunteer for disaster service.
(photo from https://www.healthcarevolunteers.ca.gov/)
Follow us on Twitter @AmadorHlthDept
- Home Care Guide [PDF]: Providing care at home during pandemic flu
- Hidden Key/Emergency Access Program [PDF]
- Senior Resource Guide [PDF] compiled by the Amador County Commission On Aging, with phone numbers for Health Care, Personal Care, Emergency Services, Housing, Transportation, and other services.
|Address:||10877 Conductor Blvd, Sutter Creek CA 95685|
|Business Hours:||Mon-Fri 8 AM - 5 PM, closed 12:00-12:30 PM daily for lunch|