Local Task Force:
Local Task Force Members are volunteers that represent the solid waste industry, environmental organizations, the general public, special districts, and affected governmental agencies.
1. To ensure a coordinated and cost-effective regional recycling system.
2. Identify solid waste management issues of countywide or regional concern.
3. Determine the need for solid waste collection and transfer stations, processing facilities, and market strategies that can serve more than one local jurisdiction within a region.
4. Facilitate the development of multijurisdictional arrangements for the marketing of recyclable materials.
5. To the extent possible, facilitate resolution of conflicts and inconsistencies between or among city and county source reduction and recycling elements.
6. Develop goals, policies and procedures which are consistent with guidelines and regulations adopted by the state board.
7. To guide the development of the siting element and countywide integrated waste management plan (CIWMP).
The public is welcome to all meetings. For information on meeting times please call the Amador County Waste Management Department at (209) 223-6429 or the Board Clerk at (209) 223-6470.