Government Information, Collections and Forms
- U.S. Government's official Federal forms
- Federal tax forms and questions
- California state tax forms and questions
- Information for people with Medicare
- Social Security programs information
- Social Security Express
- California Sales tax information
- NASA Images Collection
- Museum of the American Indian Collection Search
- WeConnect.net -This one-stop-shop highlights programs such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Golden State Advantage Cards, Lifeline Telephone Service, CARE for lower cost gas and electric, California's Low-Cost Auto Insurance and College Savings Accounts (529 plans).
- California voter information - Find information on voter eligibility, election dates and resources, information on county election offices and more.
- California Building Codes - This link will take you to the Amador County Building Department link for code information.
Links to other Libraries
- California State Library
- Stockton San Joaquin County Library
- Calaveras Couunty Library
- Online Archive of California
- GenWed.com -- Free access to vital statistics such as marriage, birth and death records.
- California Digital Newspaper Collection - A free repository of digitized California Newspapers from 1846-present.
- Amador County Newspapers 1855-2008 - Local digitized microfilm collection of Amador County Newspapers.
this project was funded by the Friends of the Library
Local History Links:
- Senior Resource Guide -- compiled by the Amador County Commission On Aging, with phone numbers for Health Care, Personal Care, Emergency Services, Housing, Transportation, and other services.
- California’s Library Services for People with Print Disabilities -in association with the Library of Congress, provides free Braille and audio books, magazines and playback equipment to all eligible Californians unable to read standard print. Follow the link to find your local braille and talking book library and sign up for free library service.
- Medline+ - MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health's Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand.
- Covered California - Covered California is a new, easy-to-use marketplace where you and your family may get financial assistance to make coverage more affordable and where you will be able to compare and choose health coverage that best fits your needs and budget.
- Gutenburg Free e-books - Project Gutenberg offers 42,000+ downloadable e-books.
- California Connects - Increase your digital literacy through this interactive program.
- Driver Education Program - Practice tests for car, motorcycle, CDL licenses.
- Motorcycle Permit practice tests - State Practice tests for motorcycle permits.