The library has joined the Northern California Digital Library Consortium
to offer downloadable e-books. Thanks to the generous donations of the
Friends of the Amador County Library the library is able to bring this
service to all its patrons.
What do I need to do to take advantage of this new service?
1. First you will need to have an up-to-date Amador County Library card.
To obtain a library card please visit your nearest library.
2. If you don't already have a personal email account, it would be a good
idea for you to sign up for any of the free accounts available online, such
as, Google or Yahoo. An email account is necessary if you are placing holds
on titles that may be checked out.
Where can I find e-book titles at the library?
1. Some of the e-book titles are listed in the library catalog. To locate
the titles you may limit your search by clicking on the Advanced Search Tab
located next to the Search tab on the main catalog page.
2. Once on the Advanced Search page, under SEARCH TARGETS -- LIMITS
click e-audio and e-books. This will limit your search to electronic books.
3. When you select this search limit and then click on Advanced Search at the
bottom of the search screen you will see a list of all the e-book titles. If you wish
to limit further, type in the title or author of the e-book you are searching before
clicking on the Advanced Search tab at the bottom of the page.
3. Once you locate a title you are interested in borrowing, click on the Title.
4. This will take you to information about the book. Scroll down to the bottom
of the page where you will see a link to the e-book under Electronic Access.
5. Once you click on the link it will take you to the Northern California Digital Library
where you will sign-in to either download or request the title.
How do I return an e-book early.
How do I get started?
1. For a complete guide on what you need to know to get started enjoying this service click here:
2. For a tutorial of how each device works with Overdrive click here.