Amador County system wide GIS data development is currently on hold as a result of budget cuts, however the GIS Viewer and Parcel Search continue to be accessible on the web site.
The Amador County GIS Viewer and Parcel Search are provided FREE to the public and provide easy access to a variety of useful County GIS information.
The Parcel Search page allows you to select parcels by one or any combination of a number of search criteria such as Assessor's Parcel Number (APN), address, tax rate area or zoning designation.
- Simply choose your search criteria using the fields and pull-down menus
- Click "List" to see a list of parcels that match your criteria
- Click "Map" on any of your results to be automatically brought to that parcel in the GIS Viewer
- Click "AP Map" to see a scanned image of the Assessor's Parcel Map containing that parcel
- Click "Map All" if you want to automatically zoom to all of the parcels that match your criteria
You can also bypass the Parcel Search and go directly to the GIS Viewer. For a detailed overview of how to use all of the tools and functions in the GIS Viewer, please see the GIS Viewer Help page. A link to the Help page is also located on the top bar of the GIS Viewer itself. The GIS Viewer allows you to:
- Pan and zoom within the interactive map
- Turn individual map layers on and off via their check boxes
- Display parcel information
- Measure areas and linear distances
- Display geographic coordinates by clicking anywhere on the map
- Select features based on a buffer distance
- Export results of your selections to spreadsheet or mailing labels
- Create your own printable map
- Jump from your location in the GIS Viewer to the same location in Google Maps or Windows Live Local