News on TSPN, Amador County's local television station.
News on KVGC, the Hometown Radio station for Amador and Calaveras County.
Wildfire Smoke Warning: Detwiler Fire Air Quality Advisory
Smoke Warning: Detwiler Fire Air Quality Advisory
Sutter Creek, CA – Some areas of Amador County are experiencing heavy smoke due to drift from the Detwiler fire burning in Mariposa County. Continued low visibility and degraded air quality can be expected in valley areas. The National Weather Service forecasts that smoke patterns will likely be shifting over the next few days. Amador Air Quality District is monitoring the conditions.
Amador County Public Health advises community members that air quality may be unsafe for those with sensitive medical conditions. Residents with chronic health conditions, young children, pregnant women and elderly adults should be especially aware and take protective measures.
If you smell or see smoke, take these steps to protect your health:
• Minimize outdoor activities.
• Stay indoors with windows and doors closed.
• Do not run fans that bring smoky air inside (such as swamp coolers, fresh air ventilation systems).
- If you have a wall unit air conditioner, set it to "re-circulate."
• Do not smoke, fry food or do other activities that that will create indoor air pollution.
• If you have chronic health conditions, monitor your health closely. Contact your health provider if your symptoms worsen, including repeated coughing and wheezing.
• If you are experiencing a health emergency, call 911.
For additional information on wildfire smoke, please visit: http://www.cdc.gov/features/wildfires/.
Press Release: CLICK HERE
Wildfire Smoke Health Index: CLICK HERE